Monday 17 October 2016

DAY 13: 22 DAY CHALLENGE

I started the 22-day challenge, complements of Rex Harawa PhD, the bespoke gentleman.
Today I am nominate Khumbo Bonzoe Soko. When I went back to the "College that God Loved Most" for my Kuimba 2, I found Khumbo and others had already started lessons. I was instantly impressed with this talk eloquent light skinned man. He always oozed confidence and was always naturally charming. I remember we started prodding him to run for Office. He did tick all the crucial boxes for election to public office; intelligent, handsome and fluent. Despite his initial resistance, he eventually succumbed. He run a well organised and disciplined campaign which we as a class were proud to act as his campaign managers. He was elected with one of the biggest margins in SUCC election history. Now I have been president (they used to call us chairman during Alidzi time as there was only one president) of the students union during my Kuimba 1 days so I knew the challenges Khumbo was facing. Khumbo is a highly intelligent fellow. Despite the demands of the SUCC Presidency, he aced his Law exams. Khumbo and I won our scholarships together. Him to read for his LLM and me for my final album: Kuimba 4. And as fate would have it, we were accepted by the same University. And like before, Khumbo had come earlier and settled in and I came a month late (tchuwa-syndrome). Since I missed orientation, Khumbo took me around the University as well as advised me on places where I could stay. I ended up staying a street away from him in Earlsdon and we had so much fun during the one year he spent in Coventry. And I recall one of the best meals I had, a dish of kapenta and mushrooms prepared by Khumbo while I did the nsima honours! Khumbo left quite a legacy at University of Warwick, graduating with a distinction! And Khumbo has co tinted showing his leadership prowess; serving as Honorary Secretary of the Malawi Law Society for 2 successive terms.But if there is one thing the Law Class of 04 is happy is that Khumbo ended up marrying the woman everyone agreed was just made for him! If Khumbo has one flaw though, it is his lack of engaging in sports. Our class was so small we all had to play both football and netball. And we couldn't even form a full football team. Getting Khumbo to play was always a gigantic and momentous task! And getting him to finish a game harder still! So Khumbo you need this!
The rules are simple:
Once you are nominated, your 22 days start.
Every day you must record yourself doing 22 pushups. Try your best to reach 22. If it means doing assisted push ups on your knees,or stop to take a break, that's cool, but make sure to get them all done, all 22 push ups in one video.
From your Day 1, every day after you do your work-out, you must still nominate a different person. Try to choose people you think need this.

No comments:

Post a Comment